Resting peacefully atop a ridge that is shadowed only by magnificent oaks, elms, and hickory trees the Lookout Lodge is the perfect woodland escape. Relax on the spacious porch reclined in a rocking chair, and listen to the music that only nature can play, the breeze gently blowing through the trees and then rustling the leaves that litter the forest floor.
Forget about the worries of the world, as you allow nature to engulf you and watch as it puts on its spectacular show all around you. The squirrels chasing each other playfully along the back porch railing. The graceful deer showing up for dinner right behind the cabin where there is always a tasty treat of corn in a deer feeder that sits right behind the cabin.
Sink into the hot bubbling hot tub and feel the warm water shoot out of the jets and sooth your muscles, only to lay your head back and watch a shooting star glide slightly across the sky and through the stars that seem so close you could touch them.
Let the kids climb their way to the 3rd story lookout tower as you snuggle in a soft warm blanket on the couch and light a fire in the gorgeous rock fireplace, or just sit and take in the scenery through the massive living room windows.
No matter what the occasion, whether it is a relaxing weekend getaway or a busy family reunion, the Lookout Lodge is equipped to do it all, and will not let you down. Once you depart, don’t be surprised when you find yourself looking in the rear view mirror planning your next vacation to this “castle in the woods” before you even get out of the driveway.
Location & Sleeping Arrangement
Located east of Hwy. 259, south of Hochatown, the Lookout Lodge sits on 2 acres of private land atop a ridge adjacent Hwy. 259A. The Lookout Lodge is a 3 bedroom (with lookout tower), 3 bathroom, 3 level cabin that will accommodate up to 11 guests. Sleeping arrangements are 1 king sized bed, 1 queen sized bed, 1 twin sleeper sofa, and 3 twin bunk beds.
- Fully Equipped kitchen with full-sized appliances and a double oven.
- Central heat and air.
- Wood burning fireplace (wood provided October to mid March).
- 50″ flat screen TV’s in master bedroom and living room, 32″ flat screen TV’s in other 3 bedrooms all with DVD player and Dish Network plus WIFI.
- French doors opening to Deck from master bedroom and queen bedroom.
- Extra large bath tub in master bathroom.
- Outdoor hot tub under the stars.
- Partially covered porches/decks (front and back).
- Outdoor charcoal grill.
- Outdoor fire pit.
- Outdoor play set with slide for the kids